Ferris 3100 Positives/Negatives

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by greenology, Apr 11, 2013.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the standard pro deck with mulch hit. I also have a mulch kit on the ferris.they both cut nice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

What type of blades fo you use on the 3100 with the mulch kit? are they oem wavy or gator type or what, and did they come with the kit?

I really like the 3100, and will have a hard time deciding between one of them and a Gravely in the future, though I am leaning towards Gravely heavily based off their customer support alone.

Got any pics of your new ride?

3. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

I have greats pics of it but I need help getting them uploaded from my smart phone to this site. Any help? I had wavy mulch blades that came with the kit. They work well but are a pain to sharpen since they are wavy.

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

You could send them to me, and I can try to load them here for you. I did it the other night for another member, but I had a beach of a time doing it. I know there's an easier way to do, but I have to have my wife show me again. I suck with computers.:hammerhead:

I use the Deere OEM wavy mulchers with my MOD deck and the modifications I made to it. It now works just like a true mulching deck, but still gives me the option to side discharge. I sharpen the wavy blades with either a hand file, or my dremel and grinder stone made for sharpening steel blades.

5. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

Checked my GPH on the 32 Vanguard and it got 1.8 hope it gets better after break in...
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I get 1.2 gal/hr. on my 32 vanguard on a ferris 3100. It has 1200 hrs. on it and running stronger than the first year I had it. Just replace those plugs and fuel filter once or twice a year.

7. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

I think mine will pick up after break in and that was mowing thick grass with leaves mixed in... Cutting normal grass it should be 1.5 or better
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the gph info! Choppin have u ever measured your 36 DFI ?

9. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Happy to upload them for you if Riding isnt already in the process.. I sent you a pm

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I am not in the process .....but I could be if you want to send them and I'd be happy to do it now that my wife is here to show me how to do it easier. Or send them to green if you want.:)