Ferris 3100 Positives/Negatives

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by greenology, Apr 11, 2013.

1. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

2. greenology

3. greenology

4. greenology

5. greenology

Thanks for the pics! I like your setup.

Couple questions for ya, did the hydros come with no cowling around the fans. Have you queried the dealer about the worn rubber isolator under the seat. Im curious about the speed switch, Im assuming its similar to scag? Did they stop adding the 360degree anti scalp rollers onto the deck. Also how do your whippers stay on the hooks in transport.

I love the idea of a watch on the instrument panel! just what it was missing haha :)

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Great set-up william lcm. Very clean and neat.

It looks like the hour meter is in upside down compared to the rest of the control panel so that it's easier to be read off seat?

Man, the house sure looks like FLA to me. I built a lot of them down there many years ago.

7. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

Tell me about this speed switch?

8. greenology

It appears as though the new model has gone away from the 360 degree anti scalp wheels.

Is there anyone who can comment on whether they were a good thing & if its no big deal to have gone away from them. Hopefully its not a cost cutting exercise!

How much extra did you pay for the suspension insert william? hope you dont mind the questions. cheers

9. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

The sus seat kit is an extra option
    They did away with the 360 anti scalp wheels. Dealer told me people did not grease them and they would get damaged driving over curbs. I put the worn issolator under the seat to keep the metal pin from rubbing under seat platform. I did put a large ferris decal on front of seat platform. That was not factory.the hour meter was like that from the factory. There was no shroud around my pump fans. They might have made changed for 2013.the speed increace switch is very nice. Just one tap and it goes from slow to fast. Any more questions . Thanks for posting pics green
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

The sus seat kit is an extra option
    They did away with the 360 anti scalp wheels. Dealer told me people did not grease them and they would get damaged driving over curbs. I put the worn issolator under the seat to keep the metal pin from rubbing under seat platform. I did put a large ferris decal on front of seat platform. That was not factory.the hour meter was like that from the factory. There was no shroud around my pump fans. They might have made changed for 2013.the speed increace switch is very nice. Just one tap and it goes from slow to fast. Any more questions . Thanks for posting pics green
    Posted via Mobile Device