1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ferris 3100 Positives/Negatives

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by greenology, Apr 11, 2013.

1. williams lcm

williams lcm LawnSite Bronze Member

The seat kit was $225. Mulch kit $250 the weed eaters stay on truck with a bar you turn that locks them for transport. I hope I answered all the questions. I suggest
    That you remove the little spring that brings the transport lever over. That way when u lift the deck with your foot when u see an obstacles in the yard it will return to your cutting height rather than getting locked in transport mode
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 3100 with the 360 scalp wheels and one without and it's not big deal at all... I bent mine on my old on and I ran it with them off for awhile and never had a problem scalping... This machine is easy to mow on with little to no scalping... I promise scalping isn't a issue with the 3100... I like the new scalp wheels better because the built better...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Curtis

Curtis LawnSite Member

how much does the 3100 with the Kawasaki 37dfi weigh ? About 1250 ? Would this mower rut the yard too bad.
  4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

My JD Z950 weighs 1430 lbs without me on it, and I have yet to rut any yard with it. I mowed all last season on it too.
  5. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

No worries at all, thanks for taking them!

Thats unusual the speed switch! is the slow speed limited to a certain mph?
  6. greenology

Goodo, thanks for that. looking forward to taking one out for a demo, if I can manage to find one! Cheers
  7. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

What is the go with that speed switch. It thought it was BS when it was mentioned before.
  8. greenology

Seems a bit odd doesnt it. I've never really got my head around the speed adj on scags either, I dont find it any trouble to use the levers at any position to control the speed.

Be nice if Ferris advertised somewhere on their website the details :hammerhead:
  9. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

The speed switch he is talking about is just the throttle that revs the engine up, the DFI has a switch for the throttle instead of a throttle lever... I hate the switch on mine I would rather have a lever like a carb model does...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. greenology

I was thinking that could be it, but how do you regulate the rpm? Is it just idle or full rev?
    Posted via Mobile Device