Ferris 3100 Positives/Negatives

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by greenology, Apr 11, 2013.

1. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Bit of both Id day :) Although no sliding, its not very steep and dry as a bone, thats just uselessness cant drive straight. haha

Yes theres clumps, but the deck has a mulching kit on it. Which is useless for councils. An OCDC like Mickhippy is saying, is what they need. But yea this ones a full mulch kit.

Ill be HIGHLY surprised if the ICD deck will have a clumping issue, but as yet I havnt been able to see as I have only seen 2 in operation now and both had mulch kits on them.

2. Classic cuts

Classic cuts LawnSite Member

They are different trust me. Mine never cuts like that.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. greenology

Yes well this is my biggest concern really! But gee I hope I dont have to rule it out. Do you know anyone around your way that owns a ferris & is unhappy with how it cuts.

Hey mate, good to know. Have you taken your machine on a slope like this and had no terracing at all?

4. greenology

Great sounds good. Im hoping to hear back from a new dealer given to me by briggs (our importer) about a demo of the 3100. I told him I need to test it on my own prop/s. He wasnt keen & said id need supervision and someone would be bringing it to me. Bringing to me is great, saves me picking it up, but the problem is they wont want to drive to another place or wait around for long.

Did you give yours a good demo before purchase?

5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

6. greenology

This is what I was worried that the suspension would cause.. In this case it would more than likely be the cause of this. I guess theres a possibilty of the deck not being setup level but unlikely. Anyhow If I can somehow get a 3100 to take around on my own trailer, then ill take it to this site and do the same cutting. Its just the side of an oval which is 1min from my place.

Cheers

7. Classic cuts

Yes this is the second Ferris I've owned and out about 800+ hours a year on them
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. greenology

Wouldnt happen to have any photos of slope cutting & undulated areas by any chance? :)

9. Classic cuts

No not off hand I dont
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Classic cuts

My biggest issue with slope cutting is it sliding sometimes but the cut doesn't look any different then mowing flat
    Posted via Mobile Device