ferris 36" hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JLong, Nov 7, 2007.

1. JLong

JLong LawnSite Member

I came across one of these for sale and was wondering if anyone on here used one regularly and what they thought of them. I've never seen one in person and was curious about the hand controls, and how the "single" hydro works????? sorry there are old post on this i tried searching and couldn't find much. anyway thanks for any advice

2. JLong

JLong LawnSite Member

take to the top

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I don't do as much moving as most maybe 3-4 hrs per day and we don't have hills either but the guys love ours. Bought it new about about4 months ago same as cash for 6-months great deal. Very easy to operate.

5. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought the same mower about 2 weeks ago. It was used a 04. I have been happy with it. Easy to use and turn. the only thing that I have noticed it that the front end is too light and pops up when you take off. I am learning to go easier on the thumb controls when I take off and am getting more used to and getting better. Has a great cut and stripe even without a kit. Although i working on building a stripe kit to make it even better.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We had one single drive hydro.....never again. They are very tiring to run all day. You do all the leverage when turning, it adds up during the day. And on slight hills and ditches they need a lot of people torque to keep them going straight. Our replacements were Scag 32" belt driven machines and we like them better.....then we went to dual hydro and obviously they are the best.

7. CleanCutProLawn

CleanCutProLawn LawnSite Member

I love my 36" hydrocut, i'm a little bit of a bigger guy (6'8"/260) and don't have any problems turning the mower all day. The trick is to just keep it moving slowly forward or backward. I added a 10Lb piece of steel to keep the front end down a little. Mine came with a stripe kit already on it, not sure if they all come with this. The stripe kit on mine is just a rubber flap between the wheels.