Ferris 48" DD urgent help needed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Jun 25, 2006.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Just got a new 48" DD Ferris Fixed Deck on Friday.

Used it a little yesterday, put a Proslide on it today and adjusted the deck.

Worked fine after I put the proslide on it, used it to mow 1/2 my lawn.

Then I adjusted the deck, where you have to move the 4 bolts on either side by the drive tires.

Raised it up to 3 1/2" cut from 2 1/2", now I don't have any forward drive in my right hydro.

The reverse works fine, but there's absolutely nothing forward.

Brake is off, and there's pressure there if I jack the tire up and try turning it with my hand. Belt is on. It's not "freewheeling".

Any suggestions??

Yes, it's under warranty, but I'm about 3 days behind right now and if I could fix it tonight myself, it'd save me the trip the opposite direction of where I'm actually mowing for the next 2-3 days.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Can't tell whether this is a hydro of belt drive....assuming it is hydro maybe in process of changing the deck you hit the bleed valve on hydro. Be sure the hydro pulley is tight on its shaft on the right side.
  3. elmo1537

elmo1537 LawnSite Member

i have a 52 dd walk behind and i did the same thing make sure the little lever you pull to free wheel is all of the way in. mine wasnt it was in just far enough to lock the tire from freewheeling but not enough to actually drive forward. Even with the hydros in (freewheel) you can still use them to move backwards i have found this to be true with all of my ferris walkbehinds.
  4. LwnmwrMan22

Hydro. I'll check the valve.
  5. LwnmwrMan22

I pulled the lever 2-3 times and pushed it back, thinking the same thing, but nothing.

I'm sure I'll haul it up to the shop, and when I pull it off the trailer, everything will work fine, and I'll never know what happened.