1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ferris And Encore

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by afftandem, Jan 6, 2005.

1. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

Dont hear too much on these two.. im considering buying around a 52" rider... any tetimonys for these two?? what are their quality of cut? do they seem to run into problems? would you purchase either and if so which one??
  2. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never had a encore. ferris makes a pretty killer 52" 23hp walkbehind.
  3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 2 52" 23hp Ferris W/B's and they kick a$$. Great cut, very maneuverable and almost impossible to turf with. Do a search for my name I think I have a couple of pics posted of them.

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

There's a few guys on here running Encores and I think Frankenscagmachines runs Ferris. Do a search, I think he has talked about the Ferris machines in detail before.

KERRTURF LawnSite Member

Last year was the first full year of running my Ferris IS1000Z. It is a 52" with a 23 HP Kaw. So far, I love the machine. Cut quality is as good as any other, and the suspension really does make a difference.
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

You're right, who is Encore?

Anyway, we've had like 20 or so Ferris machines over the past 11 years or so...very reliable units. No complaints.
  7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Encore is the company that came out of Exmark. He was a co-founder of exmark. There was a thread about the similarities and differences between the two. Here is the story from the Encore site. http://www.encoreequipment.com/pages/pages03/about.html
  8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I think he was kidding!
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Is who kidding?
  10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

To answer your question I think both are pretty good mowers. The Ferris has suspension and that would really be a big help on rougher ground and would also allow you to mow faster in some places. I find it strange that the guy that owns Encore co founded Exmark and here Exmark is the #1 selling brand of mowing equipment and Encore is unheard of by a lot of people and i rarely see or hear about an Encore. I don't understand that.