1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ferris comfort control cut quality

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Jul 17, 2007.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at buying a Ferris 61" 25hp Comfort Control. I am just looking to see if anyone has used them and how the cut quality is on them.
  2. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

My good friend that has a lawn care just bought one. I rode it around a parking lot there very comfortable and he says it cutting quality is great.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We are considering a Ferris for the ride....but I dont' see how you get a good cut if that unit can bounce up and down with those springs/shocks? Would seem like scalping would occur?
  4. PBinWA

PBinWA LawnSite Member

I just bought a 1500Z 25hp/52" The ride is nice. You will still get bumped around a bit if the terrain is really rough but it is pretty nice on decent turf. A friend of mine used to have a lawn company and he said the Ferris takes around 200 hours for the ride to loosen up a little.

I've only mowed twice with it (johnny homeowner). I had Gator Mulcher Magnums and the mulch kit. I just took the Gators off and will be trying the stock blades. The gators were leaving stripes and stragglers at high speeds.

I'm still testing it out and fiddling so I'm sure I can get things dialed in better.

With the 61" deck are you looking at the 2000Z?
  5. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I own the 2000 is and I am very satisfied ride is awesome cut quality is great.
    It will scalp if you make a sudden stop but thats about it for me. I think the toro z master cuts a little better but the ride makes up for it.
  6. JoshC

JoshC LawnSite Member

I haven't had a problem with mine scalping. The ride with definately get better. My IS4000 has about 350 hours and rides amazing. My IS3100 only has 61 hours on it and still rides rough but is getting better.