Ferris Compact Hydro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jangler, Jan 11, 2003.

1. jangler

jangler LawnSite Member

I'm looking at this new 32" Ferris Compact Hydro WB. I have a tough time getting my 36" Stander in some gated neighborhoods. Really small yards but a lot of them. Just looking at some feedback on this unit.

2. Heller Landscaping

Heller Landscaping LawnSite Member

The deck without deflector is 37" the unit is 8 feet long. The front castors are flimsy.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

It is not 8 feet long. It is 6'2" long. It's a very nice machine with plenty of power (15hp kawi) for tall grass. Not real heavy either.

I ran one a couple of weeks ago and it holds slopes extremely well with the front-locking casters. Dealer told me my price was around $2400. We have had a dozen or more Ferris machines in the past 9 years (WB's, a new Z and 3-wheelers). They are extremely reliable.

Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

r

4. Heller Landscaping

Rodfather my dealer told me it was 8' long :confused: My dealer will be getting them in soon.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Someone else told me that so I went directly to the Ferris Distributor (also a customer) and measured it myself. Don't know how in the world someone would think a 32" would be 8 feet long:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: !

6. Heller Landscaping

Thanks for setting us straight Rodfather. I was looking into getting one of those machices but was not happy about the length. I am glad they are not that long.:)

7. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I just saw this machine at a Turf conference trade show. Did you guys realize you hve to steer this machine manually like the way a troybuilt "wide area mower" operates? I defintly dont want to be wrestling with a commercial mower all day!:confused:

9. bubble boy

that was my thought when i first saw it, i wonder if with the instant reverse a three point turn would be easy (relative to the troy)

10. bubble boy

website says 13 HP.....is it possible you tried an engine upgrade maybe? i'd love to see 15 or 17HP on the 48" SD.

or was it a rodfather special version they made for you as their best customer:D