Ferris DD???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Jan 2, 2008.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Has anybody bought the new ferris DD 48" or 61" DD walk behind???? how was it in the 07 season????

Happy New Year!! John

2. John Gamba

from ct

Nobody bought one???

3. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

I know a guy that has a 07 dd ferris walk John and i did run it for a while out in a parking lot at dealer , for me i was used to pistol grip so it was different to run but i think after running it a couple of hrs one could get used to it . The guy that ownes it has ran scag walks for years but he just loves this new machine and says the cut is as good if not better than scag as far as anyone buying new walks like i did i must be in the minority because my dealer says he sold one walk last year and from what iam hearing, sales of walks are down across the board on all brands

4. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering the same thing. i'm in the market for a new walk behind and would like to go with Ferris. I like the older models, dependable and built like tanks. The dealer told me that they do not make a bagger for the new style, i'm not sure if he's correct or not but if he is that's going to be my deciding factor.

5. chuck bow

ck to see if wright makes a grass gobler for the ferris i am sure my friend had some type of collection system that he could use

6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Boycea, Check out Accelerator I'm sure they make a catcher to fit the new style walks.

7. John Gamba

from ct

Thanks Chuck Happy new year!! Is this the new DD with the easy to ajust deck???

8. John Gamba

from ct

What did your dealer mean about "the new style"???? is the deck new??? it looked different when i seen the mower about a month ago.

9. John Gamba

from ct

Chuck i think walk sales are down because of the smaller riders with a smaller price.If the people using theses riders only knew what damage there causing, they would go back to the walks.

10. chuck bow

Yes John is was the adjustable deck and i agree about using the walks some of these places people try to take a rider is "unbeleiveable" there will always be a place in my route for a walk