1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ferris Evolution 27/48

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by HISnHERS, Apr 17, 2011.

HISnHERS LawnSite Member

In light of a recent opportunity that came my way, we've decided to sell some of our equipment. First on the block is our '09 Ferris Evolution. It has a 27hp Kaw and 48" deck. It's in nearly new condition with less than 45 hours. It has all of the updates that Ferris provided as improvements were made in 2010 - mainly the smoother operating control stick cables, gusseted muffler, and improved mounting method for the knee/leg pads.

As a guy with a messed up back, this mower was a real blessing on the few properties we had that were rough and bumpy, which is primarily why we bought it. With another job opportunity that I can't pass up, we chose not to pursue the mowing accounts this season.

Included is an aluminum Accelerator grass catcher and 2nd set of blades.

Asking $5500. Please PM if interested.

2. Turf-Pro

Turf-Pro LawnSite Member

what about shipping - are you will to assist?

HISnHERS LawnSite Member

Depending on the cost and terms, possibly. I'm not very experienced with shipping an item like this, but I'm learning a few things as a couple other folks are asking the same question.

Coincidentally though, we are planning a trip to see relatives near Ashville, NC in the next couple weeks which is about halfway between us. If you are a serious buyer (meaning make a deposit) we would be willing to bring the Evolution with us and meet you halfway.

HISnHERS LawnSite Member

Weekend bump...
  5. markh1

markh1 LawnSite Member

i am in youngstown how far away are you from me?

HISnHERS LawnSite Member

North Lewisburg is about 30 miles North West of Columbus. Google maps is showing it to be about 3.5 hours from Youngstown.
  7. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

thats a lot of hp for a 48

HISnHERS LawnSite Member

Agreed. Probably overkill... but that's better than underkill I guess.

HISnHERS LawnSite Member

First nice weekend of the season bump....
  10. atasteofnature

atasteofnature LawnSite Senior Member

If we could get my brother in law's walker sold, he would probably be all over this. Hope it is still around when he sells his.