1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ferris Evolution 48" 20HP Initial Review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by 11BGUY, Aug 15, 2013.

1. 11BGUY

11BGUY LawnSite Member
    from CT

As I only have had one other commercial mower compare it to (48" Scag Walk-behind with velocity plus), and the fact that I have only used it twice, I have to say I really love this mower. I am still horrible with the controls and there definitely is a learning curve. I greatly improved in just one cutting and feel that I'll be comfortable within a week or so. The quality of cut is great and although it doesn't stripe as well as my Scag, I really can't tell much of a difference. The shop that I bought it from said that the baffling on this fabricated deck is almost identical to the ICD. It really does a great job of dispersing the clippings and leaves a nice clean shave! I was hesitant to purchase the machine based on some QOC issues, but I have to say any stringers or issues have been from my own error. I have only used it in flat ground and I am not sure how it would tackle hills. Like I said before, there is a learning curve with the controls and they are extremely sensitive and you can/will make small tears in the turf. The best part is the price point right now.... I paid $4200 for the machine after rebates...
  2. HudsonBrosLawnCare

HudsonBrosLawnCare LawnSite Member

I just bought 3 Evolution 48" 27hp mowers for my company. We love them!
  3. Snydermf

Snydermf LawnSite Member

Anymore feedback on the Evolution? The rebates right now make the price point pretty nice, wondering if they will handle moderate slopes as well as say a Ferris IS1500 with a 48" deck? Also how comfortable they are to ride all day?