Ferris Evolution

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by grassman222, Sep 1, 2010.

1. grassman222

grassman222 LawnSite Member

Hello everyone,
    was wondering if anybody bought the ferris evolution? If so how is it , pro's and con's? let me know i was thinking of buying one but im unsure yet? Thanks:usflag:

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

just busted the 20 hr mark on mine, I love it, suprisingly confortable even being on it about 3 hrs straigh on the same lawn. cuts great, and I love the deck hight adjustment,its done by a crank and you can make some seriously small adjustments to match another mower or just level out an area. I have no complaints on it yet except the price lol, but I guess its about the ame roughly as a regular z

3. grassman222

i got a price for a 48 inch and that was around $7800. idk i geuss im just old fashion and im use to the z riders . thanks for the info.

4. grassman222

and i think ferris is running a $1000 rebate on the 36inch and the 48 inch only not the 51 inch.

5. Sweet Tater

the 1k rebate is over, at least around here, but 7800?? I only gave 7100 including finance charges
    btw mine is a 48"/20hp

6. grassman222

my bad it was $7000 for the 48" 20 h.p. your right. i was looking at something else:confused: Im just not sure how it would feel out working. I drove the one at my dealer around the parking lot but that doesnt compare to grass, bumps, hills ect.

7. Sweet Tater

it rides good, I have a bad hip and knee and after 3 hours at the same house It was still confortable to me

8. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed one... Couldn't stand it. I thought it was uncomfortable.
    Hey tater,
    saw u at Dinner Bell today, noticed the evo was parked!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Sweet Tater

hey, didnt want to get it all dirty with that nasty stinking dith water behind the place. I used it the rest of the day. I love that thing.

Why didnt you stop and say hi?

10. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a snapper pro s75x, its the same, just without front suspension. I love the design it's very comfortable, nimble, and fast, Hold hills as good as any z if you learn how.