1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ferris home made striping kit

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Rob1210, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Rob1210

Rob1210 LawnSite Member

Made a striping roller since ferris only offers the rubber flap. That makes the grass spring back up stripes are not as deep in color.. Roller makes them lay down and you can not see the tire marks

image.jpg

2. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

Beautiful work!!!

3. Rob1210

Rob1210 LawnSite Member

Thank you....

4. doobs41378

doobs41378 LawnSite Member

Any pictures of the grass after using this?

5. Rob1210

Rob1210 LawnSite Member

No, sorry I dont. This is a new mower and it made it today. Ill have to wait until spring!
    I made something like it before on my last mower and landscapers would stop when i was out cuting the lawn to ask what i was using. So i guess they looked good.

6. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Great work man.

7. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

i know its been on here before, but where did you get your materials.

8. Rob1210

Rob1210 LawnSite Member

I got the Steele from lowes the bushings are plumbing couplers the pivet points are nylon washers and the wheels are boat rollers

9. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

how much did all of it cost, minus the paint? I think i am going to do this with my lazer, does it get in the way of anything backing up? i think the only problem with this system is trailering it with another zero turn. Normally the wheels of my two lazers fit right outside the engine mount metal .

10. Rob1210

Rob1210 LawnSite Member

It's fine backing up it pivots up so it follows the ground. You can't tell from the picture but it only sticks out further then the rear bumper about an inch. I'm going to put eye hooks on it so you can raise it upand hook it to the bumper when not in use and that would solve your trailer problem. The wheels were the most expensive a little over a hundred and I think I spent about 50 on the rest. The axle was 3/4" gas pipe.