ferris hydro walk behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B. L. Landscaping, Mar 11, 2008.

1. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

who owns a 36 hydro ferris looking at a new one says theres a single hydro do you have to turn them by hand like the quick 36?

2. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Yea they are single hydro so you have to muscle it around a little bit. Once you've logged a few hours you get a rythm going and turning it become easier. Mine only gets used about 5 times a week now but a few years ago I was cutting 10 yards a day and it can wear you out. Mine has been great so far to about 300 hours with only a few stupid electrical problems with the blade engage switch. Easier to adjust deck height compared to most walk behinds and the 13hp kawi or whatever they come with is more than enough. It is what it is for a single hydro but price a dual hydro 36 and its hard to justify.

3. B. L. Landscaping

B. L. Landscaping LawnSite Member

thanks i am going to have to go with a dual then because the guys will be mowing about 25 yards a day with it.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Take a look at the new Snapper WB it is dual hydro and has a crank adjustment on deck and the price is less than $4K.

5. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

i have the 36 yes u do have to turn it but like 1 other said u get in a rythem with it and dont even notice it anymore it was my first machine i bought and was doing 38 yards a week now i have 2 36s and 2 2000 1 1500 zero turns love them all no complants