1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

ferris hydrocut 32"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by onlythebest, Nov 21, 2009.

1. onlythebest

onlythebest LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, i am looking at buying a 32" hydrocut for next spring. I priced out a new one for about 3500$ inc. tax or 2000$ for a used one in my area with about 100 hours. right now i am leaning towards the used one to save that 1500$ and maybe buy a new BP blower. anyways, I just want to know what you guys think of the 09 units since i couldn't find any reviews on anything newer than an 06. are there any other brands that make a 32 in this price range i should take a look at?
    Thanks
    :canadaflag:

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I would seriously consider a dual hydro instead of the ferris.

3. onlythebest

yeah i have thought about the dual hydros but for what i need it for (no hills small properties) and around here a dual hydro 32" costs around 4-5 grand!

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

5. onlythebest

Hey, i have done a lot of research on 32" mowers and have considered a dual vs single hydro. from what i have read the Ferris leaves the best cut although you need to manually steer it. the dual hydro is something i will get when i need it but for the amount of lawns i do now it doesn't justify getting the dual hydro. Not to mention the ruts they would leave on the tiny lawns i do that take a total of 6 minutes including trimming and blowing everything just from turning around so much with the extra weight. also, BOP doesn't ship to Canada do they? AND i have no BOP dealers around me to service it. i do however have a Ferris dealer pretty much outside my front door (like 5 minute drive).
    Thanks

6. Richard Martin

No one can ever say I didn't try.

7. onlythebest

Aha ok thank you anyways..
    Anyone else have any info or problems with the Ferris Hydrocut?

8. Richard Martin

Being new here you probably don't understand. I'm often accused of always beating up on the Quick mowers. I'm a believer that Quicks have their place and when presented with the opportunity I recommend them when I can. I feel that this is one of those occasions.

9. onlythebest

i see... well I really appreciate all the help this site and its members offer. thanks for the recommendation but i honestly think I can and will be able to handle the single hydro. from what i have read i understand that the quick mowers are great for start ups like you said but right now i am focused on getting something to last as i am only waiting on my license before i grow (have enough good clientele that spreads the word when ever they have the chance and I have to turn down TONS of jobs because of distance limitations). so do you have any experience with these mowers Richard?

10. onlythebest

bump......