Ferris HydroCut Reviews

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bustus, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

I am currently looking at a Ferris HydroCut 32" mower for this year in which the owner is asking $2500 CAD . It is a used machine but can't find a whole lot about the specific model. It has the 13 Kawasaki engine. Anyone have experience (good/or bad) they can tell me about?

This would be my first WB as I have been getting away with 21"ers for the past 6 years as most of the properties are quite small. Is there specific issue I should look out for? I would like to get a larger mower but, as with some, getting through gates is an issue for me.

I read about the arguments for being only a single hydro, but I don't have huge hills I need to confront. This machine would basically be used to increase productivity on the larger lots.

2. duke12

duke12 LawnSite Member
    from midwest

DONT BUY IT!! I have one and I have only put about 5 hrs on it. Yuor arms will get so tired because its a single hydro pump. Even on flat ground, this thing is a pig to manuever!!
    Its actually sitting in my garage right now. I wont even sell it because, if one of my employees break a machince guess what hes gonna use as a form of punishment...
    Run dont walk away. When I bought it new, I paid about 3 grand.
    U have been warned I kid you not!!
    Just try it out and you will see.
  3. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

Interesting. Well thanks for the heads up. If they are so hard to use, why are they being sold?

Maybe I buy it and forget the gym membership this summer.:weightlifter:
  4. Lawnfella

Lawnfella LawnSite Member

I have the 36" and I love it. I guess a weakling wouldn't want one.

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Single transaxle, why would you buy a hydro mower that you have to manhandle. You can get a belt drive cheaper if you need the workout.
  6. albhb3

albhb3 LawnSite Senior Member

somebody didnt eat their wheaties

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

If I have to put out any effort where my lawnmowers are concerned, I am not a happy camper. We do enough work and should not have to manhandle mowers.