1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ferris Hydrocut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TXLAWNBOY, Dec 2, 2005.

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

I was looking for feedback on the Ferris Hydrocut 36" from anyone who has bought one or demoed. Keep in mind I mainly am interested in this unit to use as a residential unit on my 1/3 to 1/2 acre lots in town. How well do they mulch, quality of cut, ease of use, etc.

Thanks for your imput.

2. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

mulch is better than most cause their are only 2 blades less blades less air gaps. cut is awesome the machine is awesome. Everything on it is gold. Only 2 things I hated which caused me to say screw it. 1 the saftey switches on the grips cheap plastic. 2 hydro unit I can't work that thing worth a crap becasue you have to use leverage.
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The mower works great on flat land but it is awful on any kind of hill. It takes a lot of effort on a hill to keep it going straight. The front end of the mower is extremely light and pops right up when trying to go up a hill. You also cannot use any kind of suky behind it since there is no way to steer the mower. On the plus side it will leave a better cut than the Exmark Metro that I used to have. It also has a great height adjustment system, the best I've ever seen by far.

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies guys, keep them coming.