Ferris IS 2000Z Price Check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by procut, Aug 7, 2006.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I was quoted $9,199.00 + tax for a IS 2000Z, 61" 25hp Kaw. Is this about right, I thought it seemed a little high?

2. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Seems very high to me.

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly what I thought. This is $1000-$1500 more than other machines, ie. Toro, & Deere.

Never had a Ferris before, but am considering giving one a try, going to do a demo thursday. If anyone wants to chime in with your opinions on Ferris ZTRs I'd like to hear them as well.

4. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed the is4500 with the 35hp briggs this past week, and was really impressed with the comfortable ride. I mowed 26 acres of rural school property(very rough)in 7 hours. The 35 hp briggs had plenty of power and has a nice tone. I estimated fuel consumption at around 2 gallons per hour running full tilt all day. I liked everything but the price and hated to take it back. I was back on my own mowers today and really missed that IS suspension.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

My dealer is asking $8,499 for that unit, which I felt was a bit steep.

6. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i'm demoing one right now. dealer said 8495 plus tax.have you looked at rich mfg convertible mower, worth it. www.convertiblemower.com

7. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i'm demoing one right now. dealer said 8495 plus tax.have you looked at rich mfg convertible mower, worth it. www.convertiblemower.com they have 2005 models on sell for 40% off!!! i bought one with 22hp 60" deck also with 48" brush deck paid 5350 for all of it. it's not as smooth as the ferris but if it's to rough you cah walk behind it.great on hills and ditches:weightlifter:

8. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I Like the Independent suspension...Now they should have that In other machines as well.
    Not shure If they come In desiels as well...That would shure get my Interest.

9. green boy1

green boy1 LawnSite Member

My dealer quoted me $7990 + 7% tax =$8549.00 but this the 52"

10. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Price seems a bit high I just purchased a 3100 with 30hp kohler for 9400 with tax, Also they do make the 4500 series with a cat diesel,