Ferris IS 2000Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Daves Propert Maintenance, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Daves Propert Maintenance

Daves Propert Maintenance LawnSite Member
    from USA

My dealer just contacted me and he has a Ferris IS2000Z in stock. I am looking to buy a Z this spring, and I am looking for a quality machine that won't completely kill my bank account. He quoted me $7500 for it with a 25 Kawasaki and 52" deck. Is this a reasonable price? I also want to get a collection system for it, any idea how much that will cost me?

I kind of see the suspension as another part that will break and need to be repaired. Is it durable for everyday use without need for replacement?

Also, how is the cut quality, I have heard of some issues.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Machine cuts great. My company demoed and field tested one for 2 months this past summer. My write-up is in the September issue of Turf Magazine.

3. Daves Propert Maintenance

from USA

Is the pricing good? I have read somewhere that you have bought a bunch of Ferris machines.

4. rodfather

To be perfectly honest, I don't know the price of that machine. Yes, we have had over 20 Ferris mowers in the past. They are extremely reliable machines IMO.

5. Daves Propert Maintenance

from USA

do you have any experience with their bagging system? I am curious as to how well it works

6. rodfather

I run Hasty Vacs on my Z's...they're a clamshell type just like Peco's. Those babies make me some serious denero in the Fall. You want to save some time, get one of those and forget the bag type. Clamshell you can empty without leaving your seat. Back up to the curb or woods, throw a lever and you're gone in seconds. They run about $2500 with an additional engine mounted on the side for additional suction.

Hope that helps ya.

7. dan37

dan37 LawnSite Member

Ferris now has a dump from the seat unit to go on their ZTRs. It fits in the same frame as their current 3-bag systems....giving you the option of bagging or dump from the seat. You can literally change from one to the other in about 30 seconds.

8. Daves Propert Maintenance

from USA

Actually bought the IS2000 Z today. Paying for it tomorrow, with delivery next saturday.. I got the Fastvac collection system as well. Total cost was $8650. I think I got a good deal, now all I need is a larger customer base. Thanks for the advice on the Ferris line, hopefully they will treat me well over the years.

9. rodfather

Congrats, good for you...I wish you the best.

10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 1000z, non suspension, i wish i got the suspension though lol. at the time i couldnt afford the 3000z models anyway.

The turbo collection system is like 2 grand, not cheap at all trust me, i went to find out. 7500 sounds right, i paid $6900 for the 1000z with NO suspension and a 27hp kohler/61" deck end of last year. Normally it was $7,600 i think.