Ferris IS 3000 update

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milkie62, Jul 7, 2008.

1. milkie62

milkie62 LawnSite Senior Member

Awhile back I posted about purchasing a Ferris 3000 with the 26 HP kawasaki L/C engine.Machine was pretty good with exception that I had to bump the choke or it would stall when the blades engaged.Well when I put the bagger on it,it lost any power that it had and would even stall the engine on a small incline.Ferris took it back no questions asked and I bought the same machine with the 32 HP Briggs.The difference is night and day.I can turn the blades on at an idle with the bagger even on.It may use a little more fuel but I do not think it is that much more since I can more pretty fast with the suspension.All in all I am very pleased now.DO NOT buy this machine with the Kawasaki engine if you plan on bagging ever.

2. chrisduryea

chrisduryea LawnSite Member

I'll agree, having that extra HP makes it so much easier. You will probably use less petrol with the 32HP Vanguard anyway as it wont be working as had. It is nice to have suspension, I wouldn't have it any other way now.

Chris
    BadBoy Lightning 60" 32HP.

3. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I just installed my new fast vac on my 1500 ferris 25/52. Engages at idle and spins right up without a bog. There was an engine problem with the previous mower. Its good you got another one.