1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ferris IS1000 or Toro ZMaster 100

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by kaamacat, Apr 16, 2001.

1. kaamacat

kaamacat LawnSite Member

I've just sold my Ferris 36HydroWalk (outstanding unit!) and am replacing with either the Ferris 48" IS1000 or the Zmaster 147 (44"). The Ferris has a 21Kaw andthe Toro 147 a 17Kaw. Any input on either of these units. The Ferris is about $6400 and the Toro $5900. Both seem to have strong structures, hydro assemblies...etc.....Controls and deck lifts are about the same overall, but in different locations.
  2. kaamacat

kaamacat LawnSite Member

Well..I purchased the Ferris Z1000 (48" w/21HP Kawasaki). What a great cut, and I must admit that 21hp is more than enough (if thats a possible thing). For the $400 difference in price, the Ferris had the nicer hydros w/cooling fans, and the 2yr bumper-to-bumper warranty. I also preferred the controls (choke, throttle..etc) at the armrest area versus down below your legs. That 21hp kawasaki is quite the smooth engine.........later........