Ferris IS1000z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Jun 4, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Im looking to get a new mower, a Z, within the net week or two. Im really interested in the Ferris IS1000Z, it comes with 48in Deck, 21HP Kawa, and a front suspension. And it has 36months same as cash, which is VERY appealing.

For the regular 1000z it is 6500, and i really want the IS, and im willing to pay extra for it.

So, what are you oppinions on these machines, and how much should something like this cost. Im thinking hopefully around 7 or 8 grand?

thank you in advandce!

2. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

anyone????????????????????

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I told you about mine in your post about something bigger than the 34Z Gravely. Mine was $7499 plus tax (52" 23hp Kaw w/front suspension). I love it! Wish it cut thin, stringy grass better but other than that i am very pleased with it!

4. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

actaully i dont remember :p. so i would probably be looking at 6800 or 7000 for the 21/48" ? would you recommend that for me, 30 lawns, average size 6k, some bigger (up to acre or so) and some smaller than 6k?

anyother posts on this would be greatly apperciated. thanks :)

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Unless you have a bnch of places where you can't squeeze 4 more inches or narrow ditch lines that wold scalp, I see no reason to get the 48" instead of the 52" w/23 hp. I say this especially if you are taking the 0% for 36 months. How much of a differance is a few hundred really going to make in your payments? Not near as much as the extra will help in the field. As a matter of fact, could you use a 61"? If so consider the IS3000.

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'll agree with Envy. As I stated in your other thread, why even bother getting another 48" mower, you already have a 48" W/B. I would sell that 48" W/B and put the money toward a real nice 52" or 60" machine. Whatever size deck you end up with, there isn't going to be a need for a 48" W/B if you have a 36" W/B and a 52" Z. Sell the 48"!!!

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Plus, with a 52, you will probably be using the same blades on both mowers (if both blades on your 36 are 18")
    Yeah maybe $7100 for the 48". Get the 52" more trim side on the deck, more capacity on large lawns. It fits fine on my tiny yards too. I have a few lawns that take me 8-12 minutes (mow, trim and blow) by myself that I use it on!

8. JHE

JHE LawnSite Member

Too bad your so far away. There is a guy in the DE, MD, PA area that has (I think he still has it) a 2003 IS3000 leftover for @ $7,500 - hasn't cut a blade of grass. Anyway, that was around his cost just to give you an idea. A 2004 should not be much more $.

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

sense most of my lawns are small, only about 7 or so are big. but then again, i might get a ton of big accounts next year, so maybe i should go for the 52 if its not much more.

i was just thinking that the 52 would weigh more and make deeper tracks in grass, and would be hard to monuver in the small lawns, but then again, i could always do the fronts (go driveway to driveway) and have someone else doing backs with the 36. ... hmm i wonder how much the 52 IS 23hp would be.

10. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

52 goes lots of places even very small lawns. like i said, it is $7499 plus tax.