Ferris IS1500 vs Toro Z400

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ignote, May 3, 2008.

1. ignote

ignote LawnSite Member

First let me say I'm a homeowner and mow apprx 3.25 acres. I have many small trees to mow around and the land is not all level nor is it really smooth. Our development is former farm land.

I have two dealers that are close to me, less than 10 miles. I have priced the Toro Z400 21hp Kaw 52 inch deck at $7713 and the Ferris IS1500z 25hp Kaw 52 inch deck at $6999.

Which of these mowers would be the best buy for my situation? I currently have a Scotts 2554 tractor that has a 25hp Kohler and 54 inch deck. It normally takes me 3.5 hours to cut the whole yard. I would really like to cut that time down with a ZTR. Thanks.

2. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

ferris all the way i have 4 of them and 3 walk behinds u can beat the ride and cutt quality is asome

3. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

try to demo on your lot .............................

4. ignote

ignote LawnSite Member

I don't think they will do that.

5. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

tell them for $8000 you need to see how it works on your lot or no sale......
    they will find one to demo if only 10 miles away or tell them Dick at the other store will....................:cool2::cool2:

6. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

As a home owner, you really can't go wrong with either. As much as people rave about the suspension, I'd go with the Ferris hands down.

7. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

do you have an Exmark dealer nearby? The Lazer AS with the 52" Ultracut and 28hp Kawasaki isn't much more than that Z400. Maybe $300? MUCH better mower, and much better value.

8. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

the same toro down here was quoted to me at $6200 with a suspension seat.

9. karol

karol LawnSite Member
    from ontario

I would defintelly go for the 25hp. If both engines were equal i would go with the Toro.

10. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

oh, go with the toro. you wont be dissapointed. im picking up the z400 series 52" 21hp Kawi this week sometime. can't wait for it!!!!