Ferris IS1500

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by cartec01, Dec 16, 2007.

1. cartec01

cartec01 LawnSite Member

2006 Ferris IS1500. 21hp Kaw with a 48" cut. No ROPS. Has a few rub marks on the left side from all my evergreen trees, but otherwise excellent condition. Only used for my 1 acre yard. I believe it has about 60 hours, I'll have to check next time I go to my dads as it is in his pole barn for storage right now. I believe it has less the 60, but I'll have to check. I live in Elgin, IL. 60123. Asking $5,200. Has high lift blades and a set of Gator blades used 3 times last fall.

2. cartec01

cartec01 LawnSite Member

do you think I am asking to much? I really have no idea what these might sell for used.

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

cartec01 -- For a used going on 2 year old machine with 60 hours, I think you might be asking a little too much ... you might consider asking for around $ 4,500.

4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

You might have to wait until spring to get a good price. We priced one of these machines new this spring for $5850 and I think the '08's will sell for over $6000 so you're not too far off. Take $1000 off for 1st year depreciation and I'd call $4850 a good price for both buyer and seller. They are a good mower.

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

This sounds like a fair enough number ... therefore, it looks like somewhere between the $ 4,500 I recommended and the $ 4,850 that KLC99 recommended.

6. cartec01

cartec01 LawnSite Member

Hey thanks a lot for the replies. I really appreciate it. I know it is not a good time to sell. If a new one was 5850 plus tax of around 6% you'd be at $6201. I forgot to check my hours last time I was at my parents where it is stored. I should do that. I trust your opinion, so I'll reduce my price to $4800. Anything less then that is just to hard for me to swallow.. :)

Thanks again, I really appreciate it. Sorry it took me awhile to respond, I had no idea anybody responded to my post, I though for some reason I would get an email if anybody posted... still new to the web forums.

Thanks

7. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

Look under thread tools
    click
    subscribe to this thread

8. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

you will be lucky to get $3000 for it

9. cartec01

cartec01 LawnSite Member

Thanks, I am now subscribed. That should make it easier. :waving:

10. cartec01

cartec01 LawnSite Member

I checked today, the acual hours are 42.