Ferris IS3000 OR Toro z500

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALLFERRIS, Nov 10, 2004.

ALLFERRIS LawnSite Member

Does anybody have any advice as to which one of these is the better mower? The two I have priced out both have 25hp Kawasaki's and are 60" decks. Thanks
  2. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I demo'ed the toro before i bought my 3000 ferris 25/60. I believe that the toro is a great mower i just liked the ride much better on my ferris. I am planning on buying a toro for my next mower just because of pricing reasons.
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You should get the Ferris because of the better ride.
  4. eclawn

eclawn LawnSite Member

the ferris definitly better ride.build is realy pritty equal,the ferris will also apear to have more power.deck belt makes straight path from engine to deck,not mule drive.
  5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've always had Toro mowers and they have always worked very well for me. I ran a Ferris walk behind at a dealer once and wasn't overly impressed, can't speak for a Ferris ZTR though.
  6. ZER

ZER LawnSite Member

Go with a Ferris the ride is excellent!!
  7. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have an approximate price for this mower? 2003 Ferris 3000 IS w/ 25HP Kawasaki, only has 125 hours on it. It looks like it is in pristine condition and everything is so clean the seller must have been verya nal about his cleaning strategies. He wants $8950 but it includes a $1000 trailer, and also some extra parts like blades, oil filters, and some other miscellaneous stuff.