Ferris IS3100ZBV3272

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tnpete, Feb 14, 2007.

1. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Anyone own the IS3100 32 big block 72" cut mower?
    Looks like they may be having trouble getting rid of the Big blocks as they have them listed on the 0% for 36 months. And not the 26-hp Kawasaki V-Twin liquid-cooled engine.
    I had been planning on picking up a new 3100 in about 6 weeks. But with the 0% may go ahead and get on early.
    Any help on these would be great.
    Or wait and just get the 62" cut with the 26-hp Kawasaki V-Twin liquid-cooled engine?
    But I do have a lot of hills to pull while mowing. 7 places are over 5 acres each.
    Pete

2. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Going in the am and looking at the 3100Z with the Kaw 26Hp motor.:clapping:
    Think that sounds better then the big block and 72" deck.
    Just keep thinking the 72" deck may scalp a lot.:confused:
    Pete

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I have one with the big Briggs and a 4000 as well. As for the 0% financing, they are doing that will all their mowers.

4. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Thanks I checked in on one today. Best deal I could get was, $10,000 for the 3100 with the Kaw and 61" deck.
    Pete

5. shop22

shop22 LawnSite Member

6. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Thanks and I told the dealer that it was only on the Big block. But he also told me that it did not show that on his paper work. And that he has been selling them like that the whole time.
    I think his words were 7 this month and each and ever one of them for the 0% even though they were not the big blocks.
    Also on the Price that was out the door tax and all.
    Wondering if I should go with the Big block. Wondering if the 26 Kaw would be under powered?
    Pete

7. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

That would be my worry. The Vanguard WON'T be underpowered. Ask yourself, do you want a machine that's good on fuel or one that will cut thick grass without bogging down?

8. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Thanks that was what I was also wondering. Also nothing like power.:clapping:
    Pete

9. shop22

shop22 LawnSite Member

The big block briggs is not a fuel hog. We have a few customers who own them and they said they did as good on fuel and sometimes better than the 25 kawi or 27 hp kohler. All 0% financing on units were corrected from shoppers charge. The original paperwork had the plan available for any mower. Let your dealer know, because he's losing money selling another unit on that plan.

10. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Thanks.
    Sounds like the Big block may be the way I go. Also will tell him. but he is only going by his paperwork.
    Pete