Ferris IS5000 Diesel

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Apples, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Apples

Apples LawnSite Senior Member

2005 Ferris IS5000, 31.5hp Cat diesel, 72" deck, 372 hrs. Excellent Condition, Extra blades, belts, and filters. $11,900.

2. Apples

The price has been reduced to $11,200.

3. bactrac

bactrac LawnSite Member

Did you sell your Ferris IS5000? Reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking about selling mine and want to price it right. Thanks for your help.

4. Apples

bactrac, I have not sold my mower. Good luck selling yours! Let me know how you make out.

5. bactrac

bactrac LawnSite Member

I have had a good run with the 5000 - the weight issue has actually been a bonus to holding slopes and not crashing down hills. I know this is true because my 52" exmark at half the weight is scary on the same hills. The only problem with the weight is on wet and very soft new lawns on steep slopes. I've been stuck once in only that situation. I am selling the Ferris because I'm not at the same mowing volume and if the price has to go south very far then I'll keep it for future jobs plus the way it grinds leaves to dust with the OCDC in the Fall. Good luck with your sale also - if mower operators want the best ride, power to spare, and amazing cut speeds they will snatch our 5000's up and start raking in the profits. Thanks for your response.:drinkup:

6. Apples

The price has been reduced to $10,900.

7. krugdl

krugdl LawnSite Member
    from SW Ohio

have you sold your ferris yet?

8. Apples

The mower is still available.