Ferris manuals?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tnpete, Mar 6, 2007.

1. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

I received my manual or manuals today. One was the manual and the other was the parts book. And after reading the manual. It looks like I still need one for the motor now??
    AS when you get to the motor section on the 2000Z it shows you have to have the manual for the motor you have?
    So did you get yours also?
    Thanks
    Pete

2. caleb_harlan

caleb_harlan LawnSite Member

i never had a engine man. with mine... Do you really need it?? but if you want go to engines website they should have all that online now... o

3. tnpete

tnpete LawnSite Member
    from West Tn

Thanks.
    Just wish they had added the amount of oil and mint to the manual.
    Pete

4. F.O.S.

F.O.S. LawnSite Member

I receives all three manuals (operators, parts, engine) from the dealership when I purchased my new ferris a few years ago. I would go back and ask if they were suppose to give you one. The engine manual provides important information such as what type of oil to run in certain temperatures, how many quarts/liters required to do oil changes, and replacement part numbers. Sometimes this information is not always in your parts or operators manual. Congratulations on your new purchase, although I chose to go with a different manufacturer of ztr mowers last year I really can't say anything bad about ferris. After 1500 hours on a 2003 is3000z W/ a 25 hp air cooled Kawi all I ever had to replace was a mower belt and of course the little maintenance things like oil changes and air filters. Enjoy your new purchase and hopefully it makes you some good money.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. Most mowers comes with a little operators "manual". In Kawasaki's case it's often just a large sheet of paper foldeded up a few times. In any case.... Both of my Ferrises came with one. Bought the mowers in 2005.

6. brudot

brudot LawnSite Member
    from CT

My 1000z came with mower owners and parts manual and Kohler engine owner's manual.