Ferris mower opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matt1487, Mar 19, 2008.

1. matt1487

matt1487 LawnSite Member

I am curious yalls opinions on ferris mowers, especially on walk behinds. Just found out I have a dealer near with some good deals on walk behinds. Just wanted to know what yall think about the company because I havnt heard much about them

2. markahurley

markahurley LawnSite Senior Member

i've been running an older ferris gear driven wb for years and it has served me well. no hour meter on it, but it must be in the thousands, and it is still running strong--it's a 48" with the 13 hp kawasaki--and i have not had a major problem. just the usual maintenance. it's more than paid for itself. the only drawback to this mower is that it is a fixed deck. other than that, this machine has been perfect for me.

3. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

the new ferris is hard to get use to with the speed bar on the hydro units. otherwise it felt comfortable

4. js.lawn

js.lawn LawnSite Member

i run all Ferris mine is a 36 w/b never had a problem there is allot of people out there that well tell u different i think there a great cutting mower

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

never used their wb's but we have a ztr that has been great to us.

my dealer, used to be a scag salesmen, said that once you get the hydros dialed in on the ferris, your good to go, whereas with other mowers they have to be re-aligned every so often to track straight.

6. kpetzold

kpetzold LawnSite Member

i have a 04 36 in hydrocut, cuts very well, good running machine, if your gonna get one get a hydro ,

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

very reliable, we've had over 20 Ferris machines in the past 14 years

8. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

We own numerous walk behinds and ZTR's. They have paid for themselves over and over again. Were replacing a few this year with the CAT diesels, and I'll keep my older units for backup-our dealer support out here is excellant, which made the purchases sweeter.

9. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

I have a DD 48" with a fixed Bullrider on it very nice machine.