ferris mower's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SPENCER HUNTER, Apr 28, 2007.

1. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

does any one know any thing about these mower's,,, how well do these mower's hold up? i have heard that the hydro's don't hold well,,, but, i've,not talked to anyone that has used this mower,, i went to a dealer-ship and saw their products 1st hand,, they looked well built, and they have shocks on each corner to give it a better ride, but that is all i know about them,,, how do they cut,,, is it even? i've talked to other people they said that parts are hard to get,,,,

2. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

I have the is1500 48/21. Machine is awesome. Very well built machine. Cuts is pretty good. Obviously it is not going to shine in wet high grass. I have about 200 hours on it. Good overall machine. I got a good deal on it too which i could not pass up. 5300 out the door. Do a search , recently alot of guys were asking questions about them.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

PM me with all your questions.

I have had over 20 Ferris machines in the last 14 years. I field tested the prototype for the 5000 series and last year field tested the 2000 series for 7 weeks for Turf Magazine. My report was written up in their September 06 issue.