ferris mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Butchs Lawn, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Butchs Lawn

Butchs Lawn LawnSite Member

went to garden expo last sat, lot brands mowers there but found out that ferris dealer coming to my town soon,did search didn,t find lot on them,are they that scare?all opioions on them be appreciated.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

to tell you the truth, ive only seen two mowing in my area. a few dealers carry the brand, and i took a good look at one last week at the conex show. the independent suspension on the riders look like a great set up. they look really well built and can withstand a lot. they look at lot like the derby mowers made by simplicity, so im not sure if its one of those MTD type deals where some parts are cheap and dont hold up well. maybe somebody with more experience on this will post.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Their WBs are great. We've been using them (48's, 52's, and 61's, all hydros) for the past 7 or 8 years.

Have no problems getting parts. And my dealer and distributor say they're a good outfit. Recently, they were acquired by Simplicity.

4. PAPS

PAPS LawnSite Senior Member

We have (2) 52'' hydro walk behinds and a 36'' belt walk, and there mint. Wouldn't buy a different brand.

5. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

i find they are rarely mentiuoned here.

but where i am they dominate, in numbers, by far. and my dealer sells more of em than any other (and yes, the dealer carries exmark and DC.)

course that doesn't make them the best. i've been told by some dealers that ferris WB better than exmark, but lazer better than ferris Z. take that for what its worth.

6. lawn jockey

lawn jockey LawnSite Member

I bought a 3000z in the begining of last season and love it! Ive not had anything but awesome luck with it. For anyone who does'nt know Simplicity bought out ferris The derby mower is simplicity's homeowners version of the Ferris.Butch's Demo 1 of these units before buying anything the ride is truly awesome.If you have any ? please feel free to email me

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i saw this derby z at my chainsaw dealer.
    it looked good enough to make me ask all the questions .
    very heavy gauge deck if i remember correctly.

8. bilchak

bilchak LawnSite Member

I bought a new 52" hydro WB last year and I love it. Thing is
    built like a tank, and really cuts nice. I've got the 17 hp
    Kawi on mine. Plenty of power.

Can't say anything bad about it.

Jb

9. slplow

slplow LawnSite Senior Member

I own a 52" Ferris hydro and the thing is a tank and no down time to date.It has one of the best cuts out there

10. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

We owned three of the I/S riders and I am now proud to say that I was able to get rid of them!