Ferris Mowers????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCLandWerks, Feb 12, 2003.

1. JCLandWerks

JCLandWerks LawnSite Member

I am new to this board. I was just wondering what everyone thinks of Ferris mowers? Thanks

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Extremely reliable. We have had over a dozen of them in the past 9 years (all sizes and models)

email me if you need more info. rspronck@aol.com

3. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 1995 48" walk behind with fixed deck. It is the best mower I have. It stripes good and has not given me any problems except for replacing trans this winter.

A very good mower.

4. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

I had a Ferris 36" walk behind belt drive. I got it in 1990 and sold it about 2 years ago. Never had any problems and is still running strong today as a retired haus. My friend bought it for his own lawn and loves it.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I have never actually used one, but a friend of mine owns a mower shop. Both of us have been really impressed at their new line of mowers. I may purchase one this season.

6. sharpcut

sharpcut LawnSite Member
    from ohio

have never had a problem with mine...been running it for 5 years now ....and i bought it used as a demo,,i've gone through my share of belts though other than that a great machine

7. JCLandWerks

JCLandWerks LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies guys!!:blob2:

8. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I had purchased three of the I/S models and had nothing but trouble with them. However I do think that they have improved there rider from the ones that I had, but I would probably not ever buy any of them again do to all of the downtime that I had with them.