Ferris mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by proscapeINC, Mar 23, 2003.

1. proscapeINC

proscapeINC LawnSite Member

Any input on Ferris mowers I just bought a mid mount machine 52" with bagger Independant suspension. I would like to know if anyone has used the product and any imput Thanks..............

2. hewitt64

hewitt64 LawnSite Member

have been using ferris for about 8 years now and i will not touch anything else. Very fast cutting but make sure you keep those blades sharp!!!

3. Cameron Services

Cameron Services LawnSite Member

I bought a 48'' Ferris w/b last year and love it.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We've had like 15 WB's, 3-wheelers, and Z's or so over the past 9 years. Most people on LS know I am Ferris's biggest fan. They are extremely reliable machines...no complaints in my book.:D

5. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

Which model did you buy and how much was the bagger option ?

6. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Good mowers, Ihave 2 52'' dual drive mowers and looking into getting the is 3000 extreme.
    Only problem with the walks were the pull cords broke a couple of times:rolleyes: Thats it. Joel

7. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters LawnSite Member

All I own are Ferris hydro mowers and wouldn't buy anything elese. After using many differen't brands I feel that they're built the best. But I run all walk behinds so things could be different when it comes to the riders.

8. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a ferris last year cause of the lack of an exmark dealer that i like close by. I like the mower alot. It is a 48" DD hydro and a grass gobbler. The only downside to the mower i have found is a blow out problem that my dealer can not correct. i have called ferris and gotten no real help there. But other than that it is a great mower for side discharging.

9. jimyjon

jimyjon LawnSite Member

Love my Ferris 3000IS but read my thread titled "Ferris fire danger"

jimmyjon
    certified GM master tech retired

10. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

How are their new floating deck WB.