1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ferris Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerguys, Oct 10, 2000.

1. mowerguys

mowerguys LawnSite Member

Right now i have two Scag 36's but I 'm looking for a wider deck but still with the lining capabilities of the 36.I'm thinking about buying a 48" and i like the way the Ferris lines. I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some feedback about the dual drive 48". or any other 48 they would recomend. thanks
  2. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

I have personla only used one 1 time and thought it seemed to be a very sturdy peace of equipment.

Here in st Louis most larger companys use the ferris and i have only heard great things about the entire line. Iasume that you are refering to the dual drice Hydro.
    Great equipment and happy mowing.

3. Lawnnorder

Lawnnorder LawnSite Member

I have used Ferris exclusively for the past five years. Most of my W/B's have over 3000 hours on them.Extremley reliable with the Kawasaki motor. Strips better with the dual blade setup. A little more expensive initally but a bargin in the long run. Very easy to use and service.
  4. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

I'm demoing the single drive 48" tommorrow. I'll let you know more about it when I do.