Ferris mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chevyman1, Dec 19, 2003.

1. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 48" Ultrabelt Ferris walk behind with a sulky now, and that covered my side business last year of 12 lawns...I am expanding my side business this year to about 50 lawns ,plus I won a contract for $9,000 to do a development here in the Saratoga, NY area...I have put money down on a brand new 100Z IS 52", 23hp Ferris zero turn...any suggestions comments on these?

2. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I have heard good things about the Ferris. The only negative thing has been pulley's. I here they are hard on pulley's. You might want to look into that.

3. chevyman1

The ultrabelt didn't bother this year, and I was anal about cleaning and maintenance on it. Thanks dude

4. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I have a good friend who is a Ferris dealer. Selling the hell out of them too.

5. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not just get a dual drive 52" walk with sulky? I've had 2 for 2 years with minium problems. Plus I've demoed the z's and there not as fast as my mowers on my lawns. On larger properties a z is great but on smaller lawns with beds......... walkbehinds win evert time. just my .02 joel

6. chevyman1

thanks for the tip man...the development area is huge I have to do, and so are a couple of the lawns...to me, riding my a$$ is worth it sometimes! haha

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Most people here on LS know I'm their biggest fan. Not only do we mow for their largest distributor in the US, I've had like 15 or so Ferris machines over the past 9 years (3 wheelers, Z's, and WB's all sizes from 48 to 72 inch decks as well).

You can send me a pm or contact me at rspronck@aol.com for any questions you might have.

8. jsaunders

If the area is big I would look into a 60" mower. I wish I had an extra 8" on my mowers. Joel

9. zx12

zx12 LawnSite Member

I am looking at purchasing a 36in Ferris thats about 10 years old, what the average price for a machine like this. tha

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  10. jsaunders

Holy Crap ........ 7 yr old thread.......way to go D.A.