Ferris needs to stripe better

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by carcrz, May 12, 2006.

1. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I've got two Ferris IS3000's that I bought about 3 or 4 years ago. They have never really striped very good since they were new. Is there anything that I can do to get them to stripe better w/o sacrificing the quality of the cut? Blades, rollers, other?

2. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I would adjust the pitch of the deck and if that doesnt work, invest in a roller for it.

3. 1020plowboy

1020plowboy LawnSite Member

Ferris has a striper kit for the IS3000. The part number is #5600036.

4. jfurm

jfurm LawnSite Member

I just installed a homemade stripe kit on my IS3000. I used a piece of old conveyor belt about 7'' wide and screwed it to the back of the deck using self tapping screws and large washers. it creates some beautifule stripes.

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I had a '04 Ferris 52" Z w/front suspension, it striped really nice in stock form IMHO... But yea, a flap would work nicely, or a roller...

6. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

My ferris 1500z stripes awsome. NO kit either. Dont know whats up with yours.

7. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I did this same exact thing with good results. The conveyer belt i'm using is about 3/8" thick.

8. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

my 1500z ferris strippes like crap bought the mud flapp now it just collects grass and leaves clups:cry: I adjusted the pitch and it started to get better but I am making a roller kit then we will see how it works

9. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Hmmm. I don't know thy mine don't stripe very well. I have two of the exact same model - IS3000. They cut & stripe the very same.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

all 7 of our Ferris machnes stripe nicely including 2 IS3000's