1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ferris new engines for 08 zero turns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

I posted just a few weeks ago about the is3100z and the Gravely 272h 72" machines. Someone just said that Gravely now has a 31hp turbo diesel option and a 40hp kohler engine on their machines.

I checked today and Ferris has more power too !

The is1500z now has an available 61" deck option and a 28hp big block briggs motor. I have a 48" 21hp kawasaki model

The is2000z now offers the 34hp kaw motor with the 61" deck model, the recent highest engine was the 30hp briggs big block.

the is3100z with the 72" deck now offers the 37hp kawasaki motor not just the 32hp briggs big block. I was quoted 10,500 for the 32hp/72" is3100z. If the 37hp engine is over the 11k mark a hair i wont be interested, if its a couple hundred more ill get it.

they even have short videos of them now too :) http://www.ferrisindustries.com/pages/mower.php?product_id=20

I think the 32hp will be enough anyway, i never planned to spend over 10k on a zero turn so its already stretching it.

btw.. for two months they now offer 0% for 36 which is what im looking for, fixed payment, no 10k cash up front etc. Ill have it to use for other equipment :)
  2. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't know they were offering 0% for 36 months! NICE
    I know your thinking about the Gravely yet I was told the ferris along with the 4 wheel suspension is also getting a suspension seat as well! That is going to be a nice ride that you can use the speed as well.

My .02
  3. Ramairfreak98ss

Yeah the 3100z im looking at comes with the suspension seat and 4wheel suspension .. My 1500z has 4 wheel suspension, standard seat... my 1000z has neither and its rough, or as rough as any normal ztr.

The gravely i think price wise is 1 up on Ferris. I like the lightweight diesel engine options, i think their build quality is superior to a lot else out on the market, i just dont think i can spend 10k on a machine though and not have the Ferris suspension, this was originally one of my reasons for looking into another machine 61" minimum to use on the big properties instead of my 1000z. I wouldnt sell one to upgrade though, instead of getting another 61", ill go with a 72" and in the future if i ever expand more ill add a 30hp is2000z with a 61" deck or another 3100 if i have a ton of money just laying around or fall in love with the 12mph speeds. the gravely does fly though.
  4. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I just got a 2000 with 61" and 25hp kawi.
  5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, I really like the new anti-scalp adjustable deck rollers ... adjustable with spacers like the front casters on a WB !!
  6. Ramairfreak98ss

cool how is it?

Lifetree, im not sure how much i would adjust these.. but i know of a few lawns i do that would benefit from turning sideways and not having the straight wheels dig into the wet grass and tear up chunks.