1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ferris or exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tlc2002, Mar 8, 2008.

1. tlc2002

tlc2002 LawnSite Member
    from 53597

which one is a better mower and price?
  2. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Easy, Hustler
  3. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Oh boy, here we go.

I say Exmark is far better. I have 2 friends with Ferris ZTRs and have had lots of problems.
  4. CrownlawnCare

CrownlawnCare LawnSite Member

I would say Exmark also. I would also think that dealer support is very important when considering either.
  5. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

6. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never tried an Exmark, but I will say I really like my Ferris. The only problem I had was the hour meter stopped working right after I bought it, but it was replaced promptly under warranty. The ride is great, it is fast, and cuts very well. I don't really know how they compare in price, but since both are quality mowers, they should be about the same price.
  7. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned both... Ferris rides better, exmark cuts better, and ferris is priced better. Now if I had to choose between the ferris and triton deck I choose ferris hands down.

Ferris is a great mower and I would choose the ferris. They are now at zero percent.
  8. cemeteryman

cemeteryman LawnSite Member

I have tried both and the Exmark has a better cut and in my area the dealer support is a lot better. The service area in my area is a lot better for Exmark as well. To top it all off my Exmark dealer is more willing to come in and give me a deal that I can afford.
  9. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I have had my Exmark for over a year with no problems. But my friend has 2 ferris's thats he's had for about a year and both of them has had some problems nothing major
  10. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Bingo this guy hit the nail on the head. Or if you want the Lazer AS with the UltraCut deck then go Exmark but avoid the Triton deck at all costs.