ferris or exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skrats, Oct 2, 2002.

1. skrats

skrats LawnSite Member

i had to decide between a ferris and exmark 52'
    both were the same exact price 7500 with ultra vac
    i went with the ferris because i also have a 36'walk behind ferris
    and it seemed cool to match my mowers
    is there any reason that this was a bad choice because i hear of a lot of people that use exmark

just wanderin:confused:

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

If the shoe fits, wear it! It depends on your dealer and what works the best for you. That makes all the difference. Good luck!

3. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Not real sure what either one is, but I heard feris weighs a ton!

But that might have just been one of their larger Machines.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I believe its to late to be asking this question now.

Did you demo both?
    Do you like the performance and cut of the ferris you already have?
    If so, you did ok.

5. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

You made a good choice. However in your decision there was not a bad choice to be made. I have 2 Ferris' now and Had a 48" Z a few months ago. All are good machines. Try running double blades on it. It has worked great on mine.

6. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

I must say that i have an Exmark that size and have been awful happy with it. I hope you like your mower though. I have never been on a Ferris seeing how nobody even close carries them. So, i hope you get lots of good use out of your Ferris.

7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I say whatever works best for you. Everyone seems to be partial to a certain brand. I would not purchase a piece of equipment becasue it matched my other equipment. My purchases are made on quality. I can not say anything about ferris because I have never used one. My decision would have been Exmark without even thinking about it because I already own an Exmark. I wish you the best and hope you are happy with your "new toy."

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

skrats,

I'm in the market for a new ZTR. Let me know how the IS works if it's an IS model. Also, if you would, go to Simplicity's site and check out their commercial ZTR's. I think they are called Derby's. The models are like the Stallion and Colt I think. Tell me if you think these are the same exact mower as the Ferris other than paint.

9. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Envy ... if you look at the bottom of the page on Simplicity's web site for the "Derby" ... it says (built by Ferris...a Simplicity company) ... DOH !!!

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Kewl, Simplicity changed their web page. Ferris is on th new product page too.