Ferris owners I need some advice !!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassfarmer, Apr 24, 2003.

1. grassfarmer

grassfarmer LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Hey guys , I stopped into my ferris dealer the other day cause i have been looking for a 48 inch zero turn. Cause i bought a 61 inch off of them 2 years ago. And it is a little to big to get into smaller yards. So anyway I went in and talked to a salesman i know pretty good and anyway. He went out and showed me a 2002 Ferris 1000z 21 hp kaw. 48 inch cut w/ 30 hours on it. He said it had never been owned the dealer has owned it and demoed it when it was new. He said he wanted $ 4,900 for it. So I said that sounds pretty good. He says well why dont you take it home and run it for a few days and tell me if you like it or not. So this week I ran it on my smaller lawns and really like it. I put 10 hours on it this week. You guys think this is a good deal. This one doesnt have the spring sespention on it like the 03 models do. but it still rides pretty good for what i am doing with it on smaller lawns with tight spaces. Let me know what you guys think . thanks in advance
  2. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

That sounds like a good deal to me. I had one just like that at the begining of last summer. I sold it so I could buy my 61" because of some large properties that I do. I just bought a Walker to do my small properties because just about everyone is wanting them bagged. It is really hard to sell people on mulching around here so I gave up and started charging for bagging. It is working great for me and business is really picking up. Good luck on your decision, I hope it works well for you. BTW, I have 2 friends that have the 48" Ferris and they have both put the Exmark mulch kit on them. They say it bolts right up and does a real good job.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't consider it the "deal of the century", but it's ok.

Is the dealer going to give you a warantee with it? BTW, we've had like 15 Ferris machines during the past 9 years and find them extremely reliable units.
  4. Ferris are great machines but I am not really fond of the 1000.I really dont think he is giving you that much off in price.If it was me I would keep the 61 inch and look at the ferris wb in the 48 inch class.They make a great wb and then you have the best of both worlds
  5. intensity4fish

intensity4fish LawnSite Member

Hey, Looking at the new 2004 1000Z for home use, any thoughts on how the machine has been, and reliability?
    Price of $6500 with power bagger? how does that sound