Ferris owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CleanCutProLawn, Oct 18, 2008.

1. CleanCutProLawn

CleanCutProLawn LawnSite Member

I just had a fast vac system put on my is2000 mid week and it works amazing. My only question is how centered is the bagger mount supposed to be on the back? The way they installed it, it is actually a little to the discharge side. Could some of you guys post pictures with your baggers attached.

2. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats right, this way it does not rub against things as your are trimming out properties. I actually took out a mailbox onetime. What deck size do you have?

3. CleanCutProLawn

61" thats what I kind of figured but wasn't totally sure because the pictures on the Ferris website show it totally centered with the clear tube almost touching the tire. I love it so far even though i only have three days using it, I might adjust the front springs maybe a notch to firm up the front a little. Thanks for the quick reply

4. Frue

How is your ability to cut level wise. i am having huge problems gettig the deck to cut level with this system on? It seems to cut uneven on the left side?

5. CleanCutProLawn

I've only had one instant so far where I didn't cut level and that was on an area where i was on a slope and turning, the extra weight on the discharge side caused it to dip a little. Thats why i want to stiffin up the front a little maybe one notch or so. Did you put on the system yourself or did you have someone else do it?

6. Frue

the dealer. I have had it leveled 5 times. any type of grade causes this issue for me and I have 2 of these machines.

7. Frue

the spanner wrench is under the seat!

8. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I have the fast vac on my machine. 52" deck. Cuts perfectly level. Saving me a huge amount of time with the leaves! I adjusted all my springs to the stiffest setting at the install. I installed it my self. Its easy to do.

9. CleanCutProLawn

Thanks a ton on the spanner wrench location! I guess the only thing that i could see affecting HOC if all the chains are at the correct lenght is that your shocks might be too soft. I know when they installed mine they moved the rear shocks from the foward position to the upright position but I don't believe they adjusted the fronts at all, which i think they should because of the 150lbs of counterweight on the front. Just try goin through the manuel yourself and see if you can see a step that they might have overlooked. Like I said mine is excellent on most terrain just the slopes/turning issue i'm having now, i'm pretty confident that I can work this out quickly. Thanks again

10. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Isn't the deck attached to the wheels so the suspension doesn't make the deck scalp? If so, I dont think it is from the the suspension. Maybe the deck , because of the added weight, is tilting to the discharge side because of the added weight. That would make it affected more by hills than on flat ground because of the angle. Maybe you could try to attach a spring from the impeller housing to the rops like Kubota does. It may not work, though, because kubota uses iron braces, not chains.