1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ferris price check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GBCS, Dec 11, 2003.

1. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

This is my first post and I wanted to first say hello :waving: to everyone at Lawnsite.com. I look forward to talking with fellow LCO's in the future.

I was given a price of $8645 for a Ferris IS300 Extreme (61") with the 27 HP Kohler. I believe this is a good price, but I want to price check it with other people to see if it really is a good price. Is it?

I will either be buying the Ferris or the new Toro Z500 with the same engine. Which do you guys/gals think would cut better in my humid area of Texas? I cut mostly bermuda, St. Augustine and weeds in smooth and rough conditions. Thanks!
  2. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like a good price to me. I was quote $9179 for the same mower from the local ferris dealer.
  3. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

Hello GBCS!:waving:

KERRTURF LawnSite Member

Seems pretty good to me, I just bought the IS100z 52" 23HP Kaw and paid $7025 out the door. I don't see much on the forum about Ferris Z's. I haven't really had a chance to use it much because I bought it at the end of the season, but so far I really think it is a great machine for the money. Anybody else have an opinion on the Ferris Z's?
  5. GBCS

GBCS LawnSite Member
    from Texas

ScCo - Thanks for the info. Did you buy the Ferris?

KERRTURF - I think Ferris has a great idea going with the springs, but I wish I knew how it would cut in my conditions. How deep is the deck on your Ferris?

Black Water - :waving: