Ferris Price Quote

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by karl-kruger, Mar 8, 2011.

1. karl-kruger

karl-kruger LawnSite Member
    from SW Iowa

I got a price on a Ferris IS3100Z with the 32hp Vangard, and would like to know if this is reasonable.

Ferris
    $10,900
    - $250 rebate
    + $654 tax
    $11,304

I may be able to dicker with him. At what price should I write a check?

2. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Yes dicker with him. That price is too high. Offer him $10000 plus tax and walk out the door. That's what I got mine for. Same exact mower and around this time last year. Brand new. He's still making $1500 off you.

3. ncknaklawns

ncknaklawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Pay it thats a good deal. Maybe he will take care of you when it breaks.

4. karl-kruger

from SW Iowa

Thanks. He told me he bought that unit before this year's price increase. I think I will haggle with him.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Snapper Pro

Snapper Pro LawnSite Member

Thats a fair price thats pretty much what i paid for mine and my dealer gives me real good service gets me in and out quick if i have a problem.

6. jonathanone

jonathanone LawnSite Member
    from Ct

Really guys this is getting scary- pay the vig on a new machine in order to get better service. It might be just me but shouldn't one get good service everywhere?

7. karl-kruger

from SW Iowa

Thanks for the replies. I agree with the point about the value of customer service.
    I am still looking at different brands. Dealers around here that I like sell JD, Ferris/Snapper, DC, and eXmark. It's all hilly, lake-front properties, so I'm leaning toward eXmark because of there low center-of-gravity.

8. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

61'' or 72'' Deck???

9. karl-kruger

from SW Iowa

61"
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. aroddy

aroddy LawnSite Senior Member

$10,900 is a pretty good price- If I tried to bargin- I wouldn't try to get but MAYBE $200 out of the deal- cause with the rebate included- he's making a good deal. I'd bet he would take $10,700 for it