ferris seems innovative

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by locutus, Sep 22, 2003.

1. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Before I was a lawnsite member I browsed this site quite often. I noticed that ferris is a sponser of this site, for obvious reasons of course, product exposure. Just cant understand why there arent more posts concerning their products. I have been to a Ferris dealer in person and seen the product line. They seemed on the cutting edge with the suspension and all, but you would think that there would be sufficient users out there to give us some real world feedback on this equipment. You know, its durability, survice support, etc. Just very,very,few posts about ferris.

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

their waranty is tops too... 2 year parts and labor i believe. I know that their dual drive wbs are quite nice. That foot pedal to get the machine into neutral is very nice.

3. Leaping

Leaping LawnSite Member

First year in the business. And Love my ferris
    I have had no problems

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 2 Ferris belt drives which have been great. My dealer support is flawless, too. The only problems have been with the Kawi motors. Nothing major though. Mike

5. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

All you gotta do is search for ferris, there's plenty to read from, the think is that exmark is the number one selling brand, and must be for some real good resons, that doesn't mean ferris aint' good tough, as a matter of fact I own couple of them and they're quite amazing, also my dealer is pretty good to me, so I don't see reason to switch for now.

Ride A+
    Cut Quality A
    Durability A+
    Speed A-
    Design A
    Features A-

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Look under threads about Ferris and you will see my name many, many times. My company has probably had more of them (Ferris machines) than most LS members have had Last count I think we've had like 17 of them over the past 9 years...WB's, Z's, 3-wheelers.

7. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Rodfather Don't forget to mention that they still running, frame is in good conditions, no major problems, or at least you have alredy sold some, cause I know my 3 wheler and my 3 Z still runing and looking good, I'm going ferris WB for next season too.

8. shm

shm LawnSite Member

this info is from only looking at the websites ...but it seems that the ferris unit is the same exact unit as the snapper 32inch...except they changed the name of course...they even use the same exact pictures on their web-sites!

does ferris make this unit for snapper? anyone know?