1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ferris Snowblower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mysteryman, Feb 3, 2014.

1. mysteryman

mysteryman LawnSite Member

Anybody have a Ferris Comfort Control DD with the snowblower attachment? Any photos??

COLLINSVILLE LawnSite Member
    from CT

Heres a couple pictures

SHOWROOM 001.jpg

SHOWROOM 002.jpg
  3. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

Who makes the blower? That's genius!!! Can you get one for a hustler?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. mysteryman

Thanks so much, COLLINSVILLE, this is exactly what I was looking-for...do you know, by chance, is the switch from mower to snowblower 'fairly easy' ?(I am not talking about a Ventrac one-minute hook-up, but rather, a few tools, jack and little bit of time for one man maybe??) I tried to find an online manual for the attachment but was unsuccessful...thanks again for your post !

TRIPLE L, the one I was asking-about is offered by Ferris as an attachment option. I am guessing that these photos are illustrating a Ferris/Ferris combo as it appears to be t a dealer.

COLLINSVILLE LawnSite Member
    from CT

It will take you 1/2 hour to 45 min to change over. The hardest part
    is just removing the deck assy.
  6. mysteryman

doesn't seem too bad for twice a year, I imagine after a couple of times you pick up a few things and get better at it...thanks again, Collinsville.
  7. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I think its actually made for Ferris by a company called RAD from Canada. They used to make them for other brands of walkbehinds and ZTR's. I just think there wasnt a big enough market for an expensive attachment like this so they stopped. They still make blowers for skidsteers and tractors.
  8. mysteryman

Thanks for the information, PUGS, I was away from this site for a couple of days.
  9. mysteryman

COLLINSVILLE, a couple more questions, if I may, is the snowblower attachment hydraulically operated or does it use the mower deck belt? (is that a hydraulic reservoir that I see on the snow blower attachment in front of the gasoline tank?) Regarding the mechanical attachment to the power unit frame, does the 'red-painted' portion have weld nuts to which the 'black-painted' portion gets attached with bolts? If not, how does one access the nuts behind the red panel to complete the installation? Lastly how is the traction when snowblowing? I know what the traction is like on a slippery surface with my Toro Grandstand (twin hydraulic motors, 20x10-8 turf tires), the wheels spin very easily (spring conditions, soft (rain-soaked) lawn with the slightest gravitational disadvantage) I would not attempt to use a snow blade to push snow (that seems to be asking too much)...since the snowblower does the work, is there enough traction to get the auger to the snow constantly ? Thank you for your time.
  10. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic

Dude ive used ferris on and off for ever...never knew that existed??

Do they market that? or is it older and they no longer make it?