ferris stripe kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drew Gemma, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

who's seen it and is it any good. I have the 1500z and it should be out soon. what is the cost?

2. cpilati

cpilati LawnSite Member

I've installed one on my 1500Z. It's basically a mudflap not a roller, and costs $80. However they charged $35 to ship it. The striping could be better. Parts of my yard look pretty good but other areas are marginal. My grass is tall fescue cut at 3.5 inches. I set the rubber flap as low as it will go. I believe a roller would have done a better job but I'm guessing Ferris was trying to keep the price down.

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

where does it mount? right behind the blades/deck or behind the rear wheels? i wish there was a roller kit, after cutting all season with this thing and not my simplicity walk behind with rollers, i think the yards just dont jump out anymore, they look cut but not manicured.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Try and find out who makes the one scag uses. It was offered to the public at one time.

5. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I just got one on my Ferris 1500 yesterday. I thought it striped ok. Better on some lawns than others. Mine is also on the lower setting. I paid $87 with tax and the place I bought it installed it for free since it took literallly 5 minutes to install it. So far I am happy with it. It mounts on the back of the deck.

6. TNT Lawncare

I will post a pic of a yard with my newly installed stripe kit.

7. TNT Lawncare

Lets see if this works.

Vouga.jpg

8. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

TNT it looks like money well spent nice looking stripes man, :clapping: give that rubber flap time to break in and you'll see even better stripes.

9. TNT Lawncare

The people that live in this house spend alot of money on their yard. They use organic fert. and water alot. I mowed that today. Their grass is so thick and tall, I have to mow it at 4 1/4 inches.

10. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

TNT do you bag that lawn? Like i said those strippes look good.