Ferris triple bagger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I am leaving a line of grass at the discharge side of the mower and cannot figure out why it is not getting sucked in the bagger any thoughts?

The unit is a ferris is 2000 with the triple bagger. Please if any of you who have this bagger help!!!!!!! The machine is running at full rpm too.

2. Frue

Bump it up.

3. ojpent

ojpent LawnSite Member

I have the 1500z with double bagger, its the same pump and I have also had problems with that. Theres 2 things to try, First make sure that when your bagging the flap is expanded on the bagging unit & you may also want to take the pump apart and clean it. By that I mean scrapping all of the junk out of there and make sure that the impeler shaft is'nt spinning on the bearings. My dealer has already rebuild the pump for once for that reason. Second you need to do the "HIGH TECH" deck adjustment as my buddies and I say and level your deck to be 1/4" higher in the back than the front. Try those things if not contact your dealer and get ferris involved. I complaned so much to ferris about it, that they paid the dealer to give my machine a once over and fix/adjust anything that needed to be done... Good luck and if want any more info just pm me..

4. Frue

did that work?

5. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

you r screwed I have a 1500 z run tripple bagger I had to pay to reinstal motor so you could service it correctly 200 my pocket out of the box. They have gave me 2 sets of new rear shocks a whole new front end becasue the original one broke fun ride for me. They replaced the deck because the same problem you are having. Also new spindels pulleys level deck it still does it the worst machine ever my dealer is tired of the machine guess what today it wouldn't start so I ran the walker all day f ferris I am gonna run walkers only and scag. dude i have spent 2k of my own money plus ferris warrenty work and guess what it still is a piece of sh!^ If you wanna make money and run good equipment run scag walker exmark gravely ferris won't even return my calls because they know they screwed me and they should have bought my machine back. So 800 hrs and 4 years I just let it sit in the shop who is gonna by that turd from me.

6. ojpent

ojpent LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about all of your problems, but after my dealer and I did all that work the bagger and machine both run like a champ. FRUE contact ferris themselves and talk to them about it and see what the guys in tech can give you for an answer..

7. SORRY 1500z

SORRY 1500z LawnSite Member

yep they suck. they wont call me back either.see my sorry 1500z post

8. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

the bagger sucks or ferris? I didnt see i n your other ferris bashing posts anything about the fast vac.

9. SORRY 1500z

SORRY 1500z LawnSite Member

Sorry, its the mower.