Ferris Versus Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by derekseger, Jan 21, 2005.

?

Ferris Or Exmark

Poll closed Jan 26, 2005.
  1. Ferris

38.1%
  2. Exmark

61.9%
  1. derekseger

derekseger LawnSite Member

I have been trying to get ready for the 2005 mowing season. We currently have 1 crew and are looking to expand to 3 crews I have had different dealers price me equipment. (Ferris and Exmark) I would like to get some feedback on what you guys think would be the most dependable machine. :help:

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no expirience with Ferris, but have had Toros, which of coarse are similar to Exmark. I am confident that an Exmark would make you a good machine, but I don't doubt that Ferris is also a good brand.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Ferris is a great machine. The 4 wheel independent suspension makes it better than any other machine on the market because of the better ride. You can mow twice as fast with a Ferris and still get a great cut because the deck will not bounce on rough ground like it will with other machines.

4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

travis, where in kentucky are you from. i'm from the ashland area and i don't have a ferris dealer around here.

5. Travis Followell

from KY

I'm located in Harrodsburg which is right in central ky. Our Ferris dealer is Homeland Equipment in Danville.

6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

thats about 3 hours away. what does a 48" hydro, floating deck go for. thanks. :)

7. Travis Followell

from KY

I really don't know. They are a brand new dealer and don't even have any walk behinds. The prices that I got from them on the ztr's were

IS3000, 4 wheel suspension, 12 mph, 61", 26 hp LC Kawasaki $10,000
    IS3000, 4 wheel suspension, 10 mph, 61", 27 hp Kohler $9500

8. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

Last month I bought a Ferris IS1000Z 48" deck based on two things, (1) members of this site stated the Exmark & Ferris gave the same quality of cut and (2) the Ferris was $1000 lower in price. I have just over 11 hours on the machine and so far I am happy.

9. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

You have another choice SUPER Z it comes with a suspention seat and a hydrolic cooler........now no disrespect to Ex-mark or Ferris...I'M sure they are both good machines as well :waving:

10. Travis Followell

from KY

Ferris mowers have cooling fans on each pump to keep the pumps and the oil cool. Hustler super z has both fans and a oil cooler so the Hustler will probibly run a little cooler than the Ferris machine. As far as I know Exmark doesn't have either and they only use 1 quart of synthetic oil so the Exmark will get extremely hot. Both the Ferris and Hustler holds around 2 gallons (8 quarts) I think.