ferris vs exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by beasleyslawn, Jan 13, 2003.

1. beasleyslawn

beasleyslawn LawnSite Member

looking to buy another 52" Z. I currently have a exmark 52" lazer Z. With new accounts I need another z to keep up. I have a demo ferris Z for a couple of weeks. what do yall think of this.

2. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I thought the Ferris was a very nice machine. The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that Ferris didn't offer a good grass mulching kit for their mowers. This was last year so things might have changed by now.

Joel B.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

If you get a chance, demo an IS (full independent suspension) model. They ride like nothing else.

4. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned both. The exmark that I had was a decent machine but I went through alot of electric clutches and various little things. The cut was pretty good except in the real wet spring and it was a little on the slow side but acceptable. The ferris machines were constantly having electric clutches hydro belts, and some pumps go out of the machines. There cut was real bad in the wet spring. On the plus side they are outstanding on hills and ride is very good when they are running. The new exmarks and ferris have improved there product or at least seem to have especially ferris who needed to. I do not use either make presently, and I probably will not buy either brand again.